INGENIUM Emilia Romagna II is a co-investment fund built to sustain the growth process of innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) based in Emilia Romagna region through venture capital investments.
Buiding on INGENIUM Emilia Romagna I, the Fund targets knowledge-intensive companies with high value of intangibles and high growth potential. It may also act as an catalyst for the creation of knowledge intensive companies in more traditional regions by bringing start-ups from outside the targeted regions.
- 50% of the resources come from the Por ERDF 2007-2013 and 50% from META Investment and private investors
- invested in 11 innovative companies for the total amount of almost 10,6 million Euro
- Early stage venture capital co-investment fund focused on financing Seed and Start-ups, but also considering target companies in Expansion phase.
- Targeted high-tech companies operating in the electronics, ICT, biotechnology, medical devices and manufacturing industries, as well as social enterprises
- Part of META's INGENIUM family of funds - a sustainable fund model, proven via a range of funds in Italy, Slovenia & Poland, managing between them assets of 92 million euros.
Some of the companies have been supported by META Investment in their geographical expansion and in entering demanding markets such as the US or Germany. META Investment has also been helpful in identifying highly qualified professionals needed by the target companies to support their growth path and run their commercial and/or research activities.
META's active management of INGENIUM Emilia Romagna I and II has led to the higher level of involvement of Business Angels clubs, Business Incubators and Accelerators, and Corporate Ventures in the region, contributing to the creation of a sound and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Emilia Romagna.
Taste Italy, for example, is a company based in Modena, which manufactures and distributes innovative but traditional stuffed pasta linked to the Emilia Romagna cooking tradition but gluten free. For the production of their products the company uses high quality ingredients made in Italy, from certified and zero km sources. The company received a first round of financing from business angels and META Investment.
The Fund was built under the provisions and guidelines on risk capital of 2007-2013 provided by the European Commission under ERDF, and is compliant with the European Commission's 2014-2020 framework for "off the shelf" equity investment fund for SMEs and start-up companies.
To learn more about INGENIUM Emilia Romagna II, drop us a line right here.