In a world increasingly aware of the importance of sustainability and circular economies, the CircularInvest project is back for its second call. CircularInvest is set to bridge the gap between circular economy project developers and investors across Europe. With its tailored services and a mission to make circular projects investment-ready, CircularInvest is one of the first Project Development Assistance (PDA) projects operating under the Circular Cities and Regions Initiative (CCRI) of the European Union.
Bridging the Gap: CircularInvest’s Mission
Circular economy projects have the potential to revolutionise the way we think about resource management and sustainability. Yet, the path from concept to realisation can be challenging, particularly when seeking financial support. CircularInvest is on a mission to change this.
CircularInvest is a dynamic initiative run by four organisations – INOVA+, META Group, Circle Economy, and ICLEI Europe. This consortium possesses the right combination of competences, experience, and a vast network of experts to offer unique and effective services to circular economy project promoters.
The core objective of CircularInvest is to help circular economy projects reach maturity and become investment-ready, thereby increasing their chances of securing the necessary financial resources for implementation. Projects that CircularInvest supports should exhibit a minimum viable product or a scalable prototype (Technology Readiness Level 6 or higher), have a clear business and financial model, and demonstrate strong economic potential. They should also be innovative, providing distinct advantages over existing alternatives and generating positive environmental, economic, and social impacts in one or more eligible territories.
Empowering Circular Economy Project Promoters
CircularInvest offers a comprehensive suite of services to empower circular economy project promoters:
- Tailored Mentoring Sessions: Experienced experts provide personalised mentoring sessions to enhance the circularity of supported projects. These sessions also help in developing robust business plans and securing funding.
- Peer-to-Peer Workshops: Project promoters can participate in peer-to-peer online workshops, enabling them to learn from and collaborate with other circular economy developers.
- Pitch Sessions: CircularInvest provides opportunities to pitch projects to potential investors, both online and in live settings.
- Knowledge Transfer and Networking: Participants can engage in knowledge transfer events and expand their networks through a Community of Practice.
- Promotion: CircularInvest offers a platform for project promoters to showcase their projects through various channels.
It is important to note that while CircularInvest does not provide direct financial resources to selected projects, it does offer invaluable support and networking opportunities.
Project developers are encouraged to apply by 15 December 2023. To find more details and access the application portal, click here.