MIRRIS – Mobilising Institutional Reforms in Research and Innovation Systems – guided institutional reforms to improve participation in the EU’s R&D&I programmes by the “EU13” (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
MIRRIS supported national administrations by identifying barriers, proposing solutions and preparing action plans to improve their participation in Horizon 2020, the eighth phase of the Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development.
- Encouraging better participation in EU-funded R&D&I programmes by EU13 countries
- Extensive analysis, policy dialogue and mutual learning among stakeholders from research, innovation and institutional organizations
- Identifying barriers, proposing solutions and preparing an action plan for each country
Methodology and Deliverables
META Group set up and managed the entire process of analysis, policy dialogue and mutual learning, involving a vast range of stakeholders from three levels: decision makers, implementation institutions and operational structures from the 13 target countries.
Some of the main results of this action include:
- 13 “Country Profiles”, each providing qualitative and quantitative data on the particular country participation to EU funded programs for R&D&I, benchmarking the country performance against EU28 and EU15; preparing a snapshot on its current R&I policies;
- 13 “First Policy Dialogue Discussion” – Reports describing outcomes from multi-stakeholders’ discussion held in each country;
- 13 “GAP Analysis” – Reports summarising strengths and weaknesses of national R&D&I systems with a specific focus on participation to the ERA;
- A “Scoping Paper” on Participation of EU12 Countries + Croatia to the ERA, presenting both quantitative and qualitative data;
- A “Policy Brief” on learnings from the first round of policy dialogues;
- 25 “Policy Dialogues” involving so far around 400 stakeholders;
- workshop on “European Research Funding in the post-2004 Member states” attended by participants from over 20 countries
Related content: How innovation systems can improve Participation to the ERA
To learn more about MIRRIS, drop us a line.