META is recruiting an investment manager to help manage its investments in knowledge-based SMEs. The successful candidate must be fluent in Italian and English. The position is based in Rome or Milan.
Typical tasks include:
- regularly meeting with investment analysts and target investees to discuss financial matters
- researching at 360° (market, IP, team etc.) target investees and their field of activity
- gathering information about the Research and Innovation environment
- reading briefings (often written by investment analysts)
- assessing and interpreting complicated business and financial information
- making informed recommendations
- keeping knowledge up-to-date about the market and the economy, current business and financial news and markets
Qualifications and training required
This position is open to graduates with a degree in business, management, finance, mathematics or engineering with at least 5 years of experience in the same or similar field of activity.
Language skills: Italian and English both at minimum C1 level
Knowledge of accounting, familiarity with engineering and technology matters and MBA or similar professional qualification would represent an advantage.
Key skills and characteristics:
- Confidence, Determination and Self-motivation
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- Keen interest in and understanding of financial markets
- Communication skills.
How to apply
Candidates without a LinkedIn account should send their CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
META is constantly researching and developing new products, tools and methodologies to deliver better services to individual scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and innovation stakeholders. Since 1993, META has served over 300 clients including the European Commission, Investment and Development Banks, national and regional governments, development agencies, public & private investors, researchers & entrepreneurs worldwide.