The European Commission has funded a new service to provide specialised IP advice to European Universities and Public Research Organisations
The recently launched IP Booster is a new specialized professional IP service for Public Research Organizations looking to realize value from their research results. These services are provided by META Group and ClearViewIP experts, who will guide them towards the best intellectual property strategy, at no cost, and fully supported by the European Commission.
IP Booster will offer 5 different services, designed to fit the specific public research organisation’s needs.
- Determine what type and what amount of IP protection is needed for the project’s intellectual assets
- Design a patent landscape to clearly identify which commercialisation pathways are best
- Conduct a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP assets generated by a project and estimate their future value
- Prepare project’s patent, design and trademark applications
- Provide advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements
- Public Research Organisations can choose which service is most relevant for them on the application form, or benefit from all five services